Thursday, May 2, 2024

It's Apple Blossom Time

 

Growing up with a family of apple growers there are two seasons that just make my heart sing. One is springtime when the blossoms are in full bloom and the other is fall/autumn when the fruit is heavy on the branches. One of my dear friends knows me well enough to know this and loves going to this public apple orchard for each season. She is moving away later this year and I will miss going here with her; so this was our farewell to the apple orchard picnic. I will still come, but either alone or find someone to go with me. It is a dear place to my heart. The address is Portland, but really it is in the country on Sauvie Island. It is maintained by the county, but not very many people seem to visit it. That suits me just fine. It is a special place of my heart.


The blossoms seemed to be in full abundance this year and I loved it.

Usually there are picnic tables under the trees, but no tables this year; so we pulled out the picnic blanket and enjoyed a rare day in the sun and blossoms.


The little ground daisies were also in bloom, thus you see my friend photographing them.


What a perfect way to celebrate friendship and the return of the sun.


If anyone is reading this post and you come to Portland, let me know and I will take you on a picnic to my secret get-away. Come in the springtime or fall/autumn. We can sit, share some stories, and just feel the sunshine on our faces.


 

Do you have a secret get-away place you like to share with a friend? I hope so!

Sending love,

Marilyn

1 comment:

Red Rose Alley said...

The apple orchards make my heart sing too, Marilyn. You took some lovely photos of this wonderful place. I'm glad you will still visit this place, even when your friend moves away. I used to go to the rose garden next to my hometown, and it was peaceful seeing all the different colored roses. The grass looks so green in these pictures. And it looks like a sunny beautiful day. Your cheese and olive spread looks Yummy too.

Happy May Marilyn! My favorite month is here. ; )

~Sheri