Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Flower and Snow

I love the red poinsettia in the pitcher and bowl. The contrast is striking.
As I sit here making my entry in blogland for today I am looking out at large, fluffy snowflakes falling in my neighborhood. This is so unusual for Portland, Oregon; we usually have rain. The snow has been falling for about 1 hour and is starting to accumulate on the ground and in the trees. What a winter wonderland. I must get out with my camera. It is calling me.

2 comments:

Steph said...

That is lovely!

Annie Jeffries said...

What a lovely bright spot for you and your guests to enjoy.

I've been getting almost daily updates about the snow from Quanah. Erin's school has had 4 snow days this week. Tomorrow is the last day of school before the Christmas break so the week is a wash. Lots of ice on the roads to Roy where the school is located.