Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Home Tour

Welcome to my home. A family of deer are here to greet you.
As you enter into my home the alcove encloses a manager scene once found at a local bazaar. The baby Jesus is tucked into the basket.
Christmas trees.
A group of snowmen warming themselves by the fire. Oh, I hope they don't melt. I made these snowmen years ago. They stand on the mantle along with other snowmen and candles.
Part of my Santa's standing on top of the bookcase. The plastic one on the right was my first Santa, which I found a place in our home 42 years ago. The tallest Santa to the right of the birdhouse my husband carved for me this year.
Dolls and animals seem to be a part of Christmas. The cradle was found at Brimfield antique show in the middle of a rainstorm. The Baby By-low doll was part of a doll museum collection owned by one of my good high school friends grandmothers. I love having her sit in the cradle with her friends.
The antique sled holds a group of Swedish Tomten's.
This angel sits and gazes over all the festivities.

The top to a small primitive decorated tree.
This small tree holds minature teacups and teapots. Of course you must know I would have one tea related tree.
*****
I hope you have enjoyed a little tour of my home for the holidays.

5 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

Marilyn.. I love your Christmas Delights..You have some great treasures!! Thanks for sharing.. I love your babies..
deena

Rosemary said...

Thanks for the tour! Your decorations are festive indeed.
Nancy

Alice said...

Thank you so much for the Christmas tour. I love all your special decorations. Having a Santa that your husband carved is really wonderful. What a talented guy he is!

La Tea Dah said...

I loved my tour! It was beautiful --- a perfect combination of crafts, collections, and memories. I would love to see a close-up of your tea tree.

LaTeaDah

Anonymous said...

What fun to share in your Christmas Home Tour. Everything looks so festive and inviting. I like that you have several trees decorated. I used to do that, but have gotten into the habit of just doing the big tree. Thanks for the inspiration to think about more for next year.