Friday, December 10, 2010

Chai Treat

 A special "me" treat is a cup of chai.
When I am out and about, I love stopping at the local coffee shop for chai.
Isn't this a beautiful cup of chai?
There are getting to be many companies out there selling there brand of chai.
The first one I discovered was Oregon Chai, made here in Oregon.
The owner was inspired to start the company after traveling to India
and having tea in little throw away ceramic cups on the street.
Dragonfly Chai is one I like because there is a sweet version
and a spicy version.   Love the spicy recipe.
Now I am finding shops that make there own,
that was the case here at a coffee shop called Mix Sweet Shop in Ashland, Oregon.
Do you drink chai?  Have you found a mix that is your favorite?
Right now at Starbucks you can ask for caramel flavoring be added to the chai, now that feels very festive.
I am on a path of discovery, looking for the best cup to savor.
Do tell, what is your favorite?

14 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Mmmm....that looks delicious! I've never tried Chai - must soon! Have a great week!

my cup of tea said...

I love Chai! I love to have chai at Starbucks because I can get it with soy milk and whip! LOL
I have never made my own but I would like to try.
~Donna~

koralee said...

Now that looks amazing!!!

I am loving London Fogs right now...like an Earl Grey Vanilla Latte...
I am soooo going to Starbucks this weekend. xoxoxo Hugs

theUngourmet said...

I haven't found a favorite Chai yet. Adding the caramel in sounds like a nice idea. I'll have to try it!

I love your Santa collection!

Jeanne said...

How lovely
I love the art they do on lattes and cappacino's
Love you

somepinkflowers said...

i like my spicy chai
very
very
very

HOT
with

TONS
of sugar!


:-)


my bad.................

Lubna said...

Hi
I am from India and yes, the sweet tea served in remote nooks and corners of India in throw away earthern bowls have a unique taste.
If you want to add a unique taste to an ordinary cup of tea, just add a piece of cinnamon stick, a pod of cardamon to the boiling water, then stir in the tea leaves, or immerse the tea bag. Lastly sprinkle nutmeg powder lightly on top. Strain in a cup. and add milk and sugar to taste. Enjoy

Britt-Arnhild said...

Beautiful Marilyn.

Tracy said...

GORGEOUS cup of warmth... and the leaf accent is so lovely! I like a chai once in a while, still trying around for a favorite though. I prefer one with a good kick of spice. Sometimes I like simply adding a green cardamon pod to a cup of freshly brewed black tea for a hint of spice--love for an afternoon pick-me-up. :o) Happy Week, Marilyn ((HUGS))

Dutchbaby said...

I love Peet's Chai. You can order it straight or as a latte like the one you show here, however sans the fabulous foam design on top.

I also buy Peet's Chai for home. They sell it both in bags and loose. I like drinking it with hot milk.

Sheila said...

My favourite is an instant one called A Taste of India. It has lots of cardamom, and isn't too sweet.
It is made in India, I bought it locally, and have almost finished it, and now can't remember where I got it!
I think chai is my favourite tea.
hugs
xx

Steph said...

Fantastic photo! My favorite chai is made at home, b/c I don't like mine very sweet. I use the typical spices, but I also simmer fresh ginger with the team. Mmmmm!

parTea lady said...

That cup of chai looks really yummy. Right now I'm drinking Tipu's (instant) authentic Indian chai. I like to try different brands, including the Oregon chai in a carton.

christina said...

you are speaking my language!
xoxo