Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas at Monticello


Don't those pink lanterns just want to make you dance and celebrate?
On a recent visit to our local Monticello Antique Mall they were celebrating the season in style.
Pink, white, and creams were the color of their season.
So fresh and just plain gorgeous.
Isn't it fun to see a different perspectives on decorating when you travel through the malls?
I love it, it just makes my heart do a happy dance.
What is making your heart do a happy dance during this festive time?

Tip:  I have heard that those little bottle brush trees you find at craft stores in green can be bleached and sprinkled with sparkly stuff to look like the trees in the top middle picture.  I am going to try it as soon as I can get to the craft store.

10 comments:

Baracka said...

what is making my heart happy and to dance is giving; giving to others is filling me up with love... i send you and your fmaily many blessings have a blessed day merry christmas....

Angela McRae said...

Love this picture, and THANK YOU for the bleaching tip! I have a small teacup ornament with a green tree inside, and I would love it so much more if the tree were white!

Kathy Walker said...

Before retiring I had many opportunities to visit other cities during the holidays and always found time to visit their malls. It is fun to see how everybody decorates...near and far.

Laurie said...

I have one of those bristle trees, it was my husbands grandmothers. I put it out last night, and as old as it is, it's still so special!
I love the lights at Christmas, and seeing the decorations and creativity put into them.

Jeanne said...

Oh I love those pink lanterns and all you share.
Love you

beth said...

i think you just convinced me that i have to go and visit our local antique mall....i haven't been there for a few months and i'm sure it's beautiful this time of year.

GardenOfDaisies said...

It is fun to see how everyone decorated their booths!
Diane , at Saturday Finds, did a tutorial on how to bleach out the little trees a couple of weeks ago.

parTea lady said...

Your collage is lovely. Thanks for the tree tip.

I've been enjoying the Christmas lights and decor as I drive around singing carols at the top of my lungs (out of tune too). :-)

Anonymous said...

Your collages are always so beautiful--I love them!

What is making my heart sing this season? Making plans for a Christmas Eve smorgasbord--just for my DH and I, seeing beautiful decorations (if the NW monsoons ever stop) and listening to peaceful, reflective music!

Blessings,
Aimee

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh boy do I ever love paper lanterns. I used to hang all sizes at varying heights from the ceiling of my classroom. Our town's darn new fire marshal made me take them all down.