Thursday, May 31, 2012

Collecting? Who me?

 
If someone would ask me if I collect teapots or teacups,
I would say "who me".
In the past I have said they just come to me, but collect, "no I don't collect".
Well slowly I am having to admit, like an addiction, I am drawn to teapots
and teacups when I visit antique shops.
Antique shops is where I go for alone time and to sort out things in my mind;
so yes I do see a teapot or teacup occasionally that I just can't say no to.
I am admitting here for the first time, I am a collector.
Now where will I put them in this house that is already full?

On the road trip I found this blue teapot, the color just caught my eye.
It is a Liptons Tea teapot found in a mall in Iowa.
I love blue and yellow together and of course all tea lovers need
one teapot from Liptons, don't we?

14 comments:

Adrienne said...

Were you and I in the same antique store while we were away? I saw a blue Lipton teapot in a tiny store somewhere in the heart of Kansas. I, too, must admit that I 'collect' teapots and cups and saucers. I recently found a box f.u.l.l. of teacups in the garage. Didn't even remember I had them. Now that's a problem - collecting gone overboard, perhaps?
~Adrienne~

Annie Jeffries said...

What do you get when you add a yellow rose to a blue teapot? PERFECTION!

Rosemary said...

Lovely collection! Lovely new teapot!

beth said...

i always say to collect what you love.....i mean why not? right !!!

Beth said...

Hi Marilyn, That's a very pretty teapot and I like how you set up the photo with the yellow rose and floral tea cup. I enjoyed reading along as you travelled across the country too. What a great trip!
Hugs and blessings, Beth

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

A teapot is a perfect treasure to bring home from a trip. I'm sure each time you use it it will bring back lots of good memories. Blue and yellow is a favorite combination of mine too.

GardenOfDaisies said...

It's a lovely shade of blue! It would have jumped in my basket and come home with me if I had seen it first.
You'll just have to stack your saucers and "nest" your teacups, so you can fit more of them into your cupboard. ;-)

relevanttealeaf said...

I love your new [to you] Lipton's teapot. My mother used to enjoy collecting dishes of all kinds. When my dad would ask, "What do you need that for?" She'd reply I don't "need" it - I "want" it! ;-)

Linda Jennings said...

What a pretty blue teapot!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I do think that's such a pretty blue.

Blue and yellow... yes..... one of my favourite colour combo's!

Jeanie said...

Well, you have to have a souvenir teapot, don't you? How could you say no?!!

S. Etole said...

It reminds me of the color of forget-me-nots. A perfect souvenir.

parTea lady said...

Your teapot really is a pretty shade of blue. With all the teapots in my collection, I don't think I have a Liptons pot. :-)

Angela McRae said...

What a "happy" color of blue! And yes, since I have exactly one Lipton teapot (mine's cream), I do agree we all need one in our collections!