Tuesday, May 22, 2012

On the Road with Wuwo Tea Ceremony


Having tea with tea friends in Ohio was so special.
On Sunday a group join together to learn about Wuwo Tea Ceremony
and share in the pleasures of tea.
The teaset in the middle left side belonged to Nancy, a gift from
a Japanese penpal.  How special is that.
Stephanie and I had fun sharing our experiences from Portland
of this special tea ceremony.  The weather was just perfect on the patio.
We started and ended with some readings and in between there was meditation and tea.

If anyone visiting me today would like to participate in the Wuwo Tea Ceremony
here in Portland, please email me and we can add you to the list to be notified of
future events.

12 comments:

Time Traveling in Costume said...

What a beautiful collage of a wonderful trip.
Val

Steph said...

Oh, what a wonderful way to remember this time and those smiling faces!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful memories of such a very special day celebrated with nature and friends. Thank you for sharing!

La Tea Dah said...

Nancy's tea set is lovely! The Wuwo ceremony looks peaceful and inviting. I love seeing pictures of everyone (although I'm not sure who everyone is). Thank you for sharing!

Linda Jennings said...

Nice photos of tea friends sharing a special tea time.

relevanttealeaf said...

I missed out on a good thing, but I couldn't be two places at once. Thanks for sharing your photos of this special ceremony.

Angela McRae said...

Wish I could have been in Ohio with you all! I've enjoyed reading what both you and Steph have shared about the Wuwo Tea Ceremony. (I think I'm only familiar with the Uh-Oh Tea Ceremony!)

Jeanie said...

Someday I'll come to Portland and then I can play, too!

somepinkflowers said...

welllll, lord knows
when
i will next B in portland
but you
will B the first to know!

:-)

all my tea*drinking life
i have wanted
to do
such a tea ceremony...


we will see
we will see

The Tea Enthusiast's Scrapbook said...

Hi Marilyn,

What a wonderful Wu Wo Tea Ceremony with friends!

Your collage is stunning and captures the very essence of sharing tea with friends.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Blessings,

Darlene

amherstrose said...

I was so happy to see you and everyone else who traveled here to The Amherst Rose.

That day was indeed a peaceful interlude in my hectic life.
Thank you Marilyn and Stephanie for bringing this meditation into my life. The serentity of that day seems to have made a home here in my garden and the colors of the flowers seem even brighter.
I am grateful for your gift.

Sending hugs to you,

Mary Jane

Mary said...

Such an amazing ceremony Marilyn, I would so enjoy taking part in something that elegant with like-minded tea aficionados. Quite different from just downing a
4 pm cup of Earl Grey, ha! ha!

Hugs - Mary