Sunday, May 13, 2012

An Iowa Farm Visit

 A visit to my friend, Donna's, Longview Farm
was most delightful.  How fun to meet Donna and
her family face to face.
 I had dreamed of one day visiting Spencer's Tea Room here.
 Our Garden Room at the B&B was beyond beautiful.
 For a tea lover, being greeted with this beautiful pot of tea
and delicious tea goodies was one of the highlights of our visit here.
And of course a visit with these sweet noses and
curious faces was pure delight.  I would have loved
giving them a hug, but they weren't so sure they wanted to get close.

Thanks Donna and your family for a visit we will always cherish.

We are in Kansas now (the land of Oz) and will share more of our visit
along the way in the next week.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.
May you have a blessed day.

11 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Mothers Day on the road in Kansas. What oh what will your adventure unfold for us? Happy Mothers Day, Marilyn.

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! I was surprised to see some familiar posts on your site this morning!! I only wish I had moved my old red farm truck before the picture shot! ha...

Don is out of town right now; he went to visit Chase with the boys -- I copy/pasted the picture of the cow scene and said, "Isn't this dreamy??" I am wondering if he will recognize his own cattle?! Will keep you posted!!

It was a delight to meet you ... looking forward to more posts!!

Safe travels!
Donna

Jeanie said...

This looks wonderful! I think you are having tea all over the country! Happy Mom's day!

S. Etole said...

Catching up on your travels after a couple weeks of company. What delightful places you have been.

Unknown said...

I'm sure you just loved that tea pot upon arrival. Looks like a fun trip. Enjoy.

Mary said...

The tea room looks beautiful, the entire trip sounds like a wonderful time for you - so happy about that.

Hope you enjoy good weather in Kansas, none of that Dorothy and Toto excitement!

Belated happy Mother's Day dear friend - hope your day was special.

Hugs - Mary

Jeanne said...

Big hugs and lots of love
Enjoying your photographs so very much
Love Jeanne

Karen's Place said...

What a delightful place to spend Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to you. While in Kansas shout out to my Aunt Cricket she's the one with the 500+teapot collection :) and as always safe travels.

Angela McRae said...

Oh!!!! A visit to this tea room is on my bucket list!

relevanttealeaf said...

I'm so happy you got to visit Donna. I don't know if I'll ever travel to Iowa, but if I do she'll be a MUST see!

Jeanie said...

Totally charming. Rick has Iowa roots -- I'll have to share this with him!