Thursday, May 24, 2012

Grape Jelly


Are you wondering what grape jelly has to do with birds?
Grackles (the black bird), Robins, Doves, and Orioles, they all went for the grape jelly set out for them.
I have never seen birds come flying in for grape jelly before.  They loved it.
What a treat each morning over breakfast to watch this display of nature.
We saw Cardinals in this yard too, but they didn't seem to be into grape jelly.
Did you know some birds like grape jelly?  I didn't.
Oh the things I learn when traveling.

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

That's fun! While visiting Barb and Fred (when I traveled to Ohio) I learned that they put blackberry jelly out for the wildbirds. They also put out half slices of oranges to attract the song birds.

Unknown said...

I learn something evryday. I never would have thought. I bet that was fun to watch.

Relyn Lawson said...

How funny. No, I didn't know that.

Know what I learned? Dogs enjoy left over granola cereal. More than I liked it in the first place, in fact.

Annie Jeffries said...

What FUN. I wonder if any of the birds HERE would like grape jelly - or any sort of jelly or jam for that matter.

Jeanne said...

Thanks for all the sweet things you share. Love you
Jeanne♥

Home tweet home♥

The Tea Enthusiast's Scrapbook said...

Hi Marilyn,

Your photos are absolutely amazing. Nature at it's best.

I guess it's fair to say, even birds have a sweet tooth. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,

Darlene

Jeanie said...

Who knew? I may have to try grape jelly. Do you think it's the grape or the sweet?

Mary said...

Well goodness gracious, never knew that! How about other flavors.......but no, they're NOT getting my Bonne Maman Strawberry or my special English Marmalade, no way!!

Mary

somepinkflowers said...

you took these photos?
wonderful!


{{ i fly in
for grape jelly, too,
BTW }}