Friday, May 25, 2012

Tips from the Kitchen Door



This door once opened to Mrs. Haney's kitchen.
I loved visiting here once upon a time and learning all kinds of tips.
Today I wanted to share tips from kitchens we visited throughout our road trip.
Maybe you know some of these tips, but I had fun keeping track and learning.

1.  Beth made a lovely salad dressing with olive oil, vinegar, a little mustard, and bacon bits,
then she popped it in the microwave to warm.  Nice touch!

2.  Karen tenderizes her steaks by squeezing half a fresh lime over them and letting them sit for awhile.  Yummm!

3.  Donna makes the BEST, tender Bisquick biscuits by not doing what the recipe says.
There is no kneading here and the mixing is done very gently.

4.  Marilyn marinades veggies overnight in Italian dressing, drains, then puts in a grill pan
on the barbecue.  Delicious!

5.  Eve, the nurse, recommended eating lots of watermelon for our health.  I can do that!

6.  Suellen was the "microwave grandma" and even cooks her Thanksgiving turkey breast in the microwave.

7.  Holly was most creative by incorporating tea into almost everything we ate.  What a treat!

8.  Mary Jane recommends eating dessert first.  Now that's an idea I can go with.

Tuesday I will share more pictures and travel stories from Mrs. Haney's home.

15 comments:

Adrienne said...

Love the kitchen tips. I've learned so much during our travels!
~Adrienne~

Karen's Place said...

Love hearing back door kitchen tips the best entrance in a home.

Gigi Thibodeau said...

I love all the tips, but maybe my favorite is to eat dessert first! :D

xo Gigi

Jeanie said...

These are great -- especially the lime and the micro to warm the dressing! Thanks!

Mary said...

Great tips, think I'll do the veggies for the grill this weekend. I love english style cakes with tea as an ingredient - perfect with a cuppa!

Mary X

krys kirkpatrick said...

I know you know what I mean. You are out and about in the world much more often than I. Have a great holiday weekend. We have Sam this sunday so I am a super excited granny.

Relyn Lawson said...

I love these tips - and this image. Lots of watermelon - good advice.

beth said...

how fun that you made a "tips" post from your travels....and i love that old house !!

{use balsamic vinegar and spicy mustard for the best flavor for my salad dressing}

elizabeth said...

Such a magical looking house!

Steph said...

Fun! I love kitchen tips from friends!

somepinkflowers said...

ooooooow...
eating my Dessert

NOW....

Jeanne said...

Thanks for sharing these.
Much love
Happy long weekend♥

Denise said...

Take that watermelon when its getting watery and blend it with water, 1 tsp or 2 of fresh lime juice, sweeten to taste and enjoy the agua fresca - its amazing and refreshing and makes you wish you had more watermelon, cantaloupe, etc. that needed to be 'used up'

BrittArnhild said...

Happy cooking, happy kitchen time :-)

Rosemary said...

Great list of tips! What an adventure you had!