This door once opened to Mrs. Haney's kitchen.
I loved visiting here once upon a time and learning all kinds of tips.
Today I wanted to share tips from kitchens we visited throughout our road trip.
Maybe you know some of these tips, but I had fun keeping track and learning.
1. Beth made a lovely salad dressing with olive oil, vinegar, a little mustard, and bacon bits,
then she popped it in the microwave to warm. Nice touch!
2. Karen tenderizes her steaks by squeezing half a fresh lime over them and letting them sit for awhile. Yummm!
3. Donna makes the BEST, tender Bisquick biscuits by not doing what the recipe says.
There is no kneading here and the mixing is done very gently.
4. Marilyn marinades veggies overnight in Italian dressing, drains, then puts in a grill pan
on the barbecue. Delicious!
5. Eve, the nurse, recommended eating lots of watermelon for our health. I can do that!
6. Suellen was the "microwave grandma" and even cooks her Thanksgiving turkey breast in the microwave.
7. Holly was most creative by incorporating tea into almost everything we ate. What a treat!
8. Mary Jane recommends eating dessert first. Now that's an idea I can go with.
Tuesday I will share more pictures and travel stories from Mrs. Haney's home.