Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Joy Found

 


I have found such joy in simple things; a plain clean room, a
nut-brown loaf of bread, a kettle as it sings; a leaf-laced square
along a floor where yellow sunlight glimmers through a door. I have found such joy in things that fill my quiet days: a curtain's blowing grace, a potted plant upon my windowsill, a rose fresh-cut and placed within a vase. A table cleared, a lamp beside a chair, and books I long have loved beside me there.

~ Grace Noll Crowell ~



Where have you found JOY today? 

7 comments:

Steph said...

Ooooh, beautiful!

Marion Williams-Bennett said...

I found joy right here,in this very post, in this very spot! I love the warmth of your joy, feels just right for this November day!

relevanttealeaf said...

Everywhere, when I open the eyes of my heart. Thanks for your reflective post. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
~ Phyllis

Unknown said...

Beautiful words, if only we could all look at life this way. Good for you.

Karen's Place said...

I do believe the morning tea kettle singing is one of my favorites. It's the sounds that tells me it's another day, breathe deep and enjoy! Loved your post today!

Linda P said...

I found a little pottery vase in a charity shop. I recognized the pottery which is in Jersey in the Channel Islands.
It reminded me of my parents who gave me a similar vase from that pottery and I put the last few rose buds and rubeckia flowers from the garden in it. A simple thing, but it gave me pleasure.
Your orchid is beautiful.

Jeanie said...

Today I found joy with my friends.