Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sneak Peak - This Year's Card

 1.  Cut sheet of 8 1/2 X 11 inch paper in half to make 2 cards
2.  Fold paper up enough to form a pocket horizontally,
 then fold vertically to form three sections.

3.  Cut ribbon about 27-28 inches long.
4.  Lay the ribbon across the front of card and glue in place with
either a special flat ornament or sticker.  I found these sparkly little
ornaments at Michael's and just removed the string.
5.  After tucking special treats inside, wrap the ribbon twice around the card and tie a bow.

That's it, another simple idea for a card that anyone could make.

Now what will I tuck in the three pockets.
Some Ideas:
 bag of tea
 special picture
 quote you love
 Christmas poem
 personal note
 fill it with hearts of love
even pictures from recyled cards

Any other ideas?


Enjoy!

14 comments:

Steph said...

So bright and cheery!

Adrienne said...

They are wonderful! You are so creative and I'm sure the people who receive them feel so fortunate! Hope you're keeping photos or a sample of each one you've done through the years - they are extraordinary!
~Adrienne~

Britt-Arnhild said...

Hm, do you have my address ;-)

paris parfait said...

Great idea! Such pretty cards. The personal touch makes them special.

Tracy said...

Just LOVE the elegant simplicity of these cards, Marilyn--so beautiful! Thank you for the ideas. With the price of postage (and especially to send international), I may be sending more e-greetings this year. But there will always be paper cards. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Unknown said...

What a clever idea, and they mean so much more with the time you put into them. Nice.

Snap said...

Too cute! I love the rich red color and the contrast with the bright sparkly snowflakes. Made even more special with a special treat inside.

relevanttealeaf said...

What a beautiful card your family and friends will treasure! Handmade always trumps store bought!

S. Etole said...

What a fun idea. Those little snowflakes are so pretty.

Jeanie said...

LOVE IT! I'm going to pin this one!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful cards my lovely friend.
Love and hugs
Jeanne♥

Relyn Lawson said...

That is beautiful!! You are getting me in the mood...

Pearl's Tea said...

Both of your cards ideas are simple and charming- I love them both. Like Britt-Amhild said "hmm- do you have my address?"!! I may borrow this idea for a few special recipients this year. Thank you

Pearl's Tea said...

Both of your card designs are simple and charming- i love them. As Britt Amhild says "hmm do you have my address?"!! I may use this design for few special friends this year. Thanks for inspiration