Friday, April 19, 2013

Touches of Sunshine

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Touches of sunshine, yellow sings to me.
Monticello Antique Mall in Portland, Oregon
has a special event with each season.
I have visited for several years each event.
The color the past few years has been mostly white;
so I was amazed when I visited their Spring event recently to see yellow everywhere.
Now yellow is my favorite color, but I didn't expect to see it shining here.
There were the sweet yellow birds, flowers, pottery, and even a cute little stool.
What can make a heart sing on a rainy Spring day?
Why it is yellow and a cup of Yorkshire "Gold" that makes my heart sing today.
Are you noticing the colors of Spring?
Happy weekend, dear friends!

13 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

A delightful post! So cheerfully vintage and charming! It warms the heart!

Steph said...

LOVELY color!

Jeanie said...

Oh, it's a good thing I wasn't with you because otherwise I would be very poor! That buttery lemon is the color of my kitchen and I just love all those things you saw!

Adrienne said...

Love all that 'sunshine' yellow! Think I should head to Monticello.
~Adrienne~

Bernideen said...

My kind of place - put me in an antique mall any day and I am in love!

beth said...

time to get me to thee antique store...or a flea market....i'm so overdue !!!

Linda P said...

I love coordinated colours in displays at thrift shops and antique emporiums. Yellow is a pick-me-up colour. That big pot of pansies draws my eye. I bought bunches tulips for our daughter's birthday and chose dark pinks and orange with little flecks of lime green which gave me as much pleasure as it did her to receive them even though not the colour of Spring. We have yellow daffodils in the garden to cheer us.

Karen's Place said...

Ohhhh that was such a fun sunny happy yellow post. Aren't antique malls fun. Loved seeing all your pictures!! Made me happy.

Laurie said...

Your photos made my heart sing Marilyn! Yellow is my all time favorite color, it's cheery and welcoming. I have it throughout my home. Right now I wish I could go there just to be enveloped in it!

Tracy said...

SWEET! This so cheerful to see, Marilyn! Yellow is not "my" color, but I do like it in small doses, like in these vignettes. A very pale, lemon yellow I like. Some yellow crocuses are finally in bloom in the garden here, and those are making me VERY happy today! Have a great week, my friend ((HUGS))

parTea lady said...

That looks like a great store. How lovely that your favorite color was featured for their Spring event.

Mary said...

BEAUTIFUL AND BRIGHT! That little yellow bird and the brown transfer ware platter would go home with me!

Mary X

relevanttealeaf said...

What fun vignettes. Love the cheery yellow! I would love visiting this antique mall.