Tuesday, April 14, 2015

White Tea Time


Okayti Silver Needle Darjeeling tea, a white tea from
I left this tea until the last to review separately,
not knowing whether I would like it or not.
White teas often seem a little bland to me and a bit to light.
I was delighted to be surprised with this beautiful
Okayti Silver Needle Darjeeling.
Yesterday, on a rainy spring time day, I opened the package
to beautiful grey green needles.
It was recommended that it steep at a little cooler than
boiling water for 4-5 minutes, which is exactly what I did.
First sniffing, then tasting it was like a breathe of springtime.
A soft almost floral scent and flavor was enjoyed with each sip.
It brought the same pleasure as the first glimpse of spring.
A little more bold than some white teas and this tea just delighted me.
You can find this tea and many other delightful teas at
www.goldentipstea.com

The teaware is from my collection of white children's antique teaware.

8 comments:

Bernideen said...

If that teapot (coffee?) could talk - it would sure tell us a book full! White looks lovely!

Linda Jennings said...

Sounds tea-lightful!

Steph said...

Your photo looks like a beautiful Dutch still life!

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Thanks for the white tea recommendation. Being a black tea lover, I find many white teas lackluster. I do enjoy their health benefits and lightness at times though.

Margie said...

Thanks for sharing your review. Most of the white teas I've tried were flavoured and I need to try more pure white teas.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

This photograph is beautiful.

Jeanie said...

I'm not big on heavy tea or tea that is too strong so I love hearing about new and different ones.

And this photo -- drop dead gorgeous!

Rosemary said...

Great review. Beautiful photograph.