Friday, July 31, 2015

My Cupboard, a bit Cluttered!

My cupboard tells a story.
A story full of celebrations, laughter, and delight.
The little mouse in cheese, a salt and pepper shaker, from my mother-in-laws collection.
Green depression glass for the dream of having a tearoom,
but served me well at tea parties.
The white creamer from my aunt, I am sure a garage sale find.
Violets and daisies, my grandfather loved and one day became mine.
A bird nest found along the way.
White china from my own wedding long ago.
A rooster that once adorned my table for a Tasha Tudor tea party.
A touch of pink just to finally accept loving the color and needing a touch.
A Christmas cup and egg cups for Easter.
Family celebrations, memories from my cupboard.
A bit cluttered, I must say; but it is what life is about
that fills our memories and often a bit cluttered.

Happy Weekend, dear friends!
Here's to embracing a bit of life's clutter.

8 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Marilyn: I adore cluttered china cupboards/cabinets. There is so much love in them. We only keep the things we can't part with because of some wonderful memory in them usually so they tell such delightful, lovely stories about the owner. Whenever I pass one I want to sit down, with a cup of tea, and look at each and every treasure inside. Thanks for sharing your beloved china cupboard. Deb

Geoff said...

Looks way nicer than my tea cupboard.

Angela McRae said...

Oh, this is just lovely -- the photo AND the sentiments! I always seem to be fighting clutter of one sort or another, so I appreciate this nudge to view it a little differently!

Laurie said...

It may be cluttered Marilyn, but filled with so many special memories and cherished pieces that make it so special. Enjoy your week-end also!

Sylvia said...

Your china cabinet, it shows you love life and all it's blessings! Have a great weekend,Marilyn!

Jeanie said...

Marilyn, if you think this is cluttered, you don't know cluttered! I can see all these treasures and read your beautiful words and I'm just loving them, itching to get a closer look, to touch, to imagine and to simply be! Your description, your love, your appreciation for history and the past -- it's perfect!

Laura Morrigan said...

It is a beautiful collection! And great memories!

Bernideen said...

I love that little clutter look. I find myself dissecting!