Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Sail Away with Me



If you are a regular visitor to Delights of the Heart you know I love quotes.
When I looked at my pinterest board I realized I loved little sailboats too.
As a young girl I made paper boats, but hadn't made them in years.
Looking online I found instructions here for making them once again.
Having a heart that loves to create, even if just for whimsy and play,
I have been playing this week.
What wonderous fun it does for our hearts to play.
It just makes our heart sing.
Are you finding time to play this summer?
What fun are you creating?

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

They are simply adorable! Enjoy your play time!

Mary said...

Did you actually make those Marilyn? They are so neat - love the details, newsprint and feather mast, worded flags, buttons and lace, adorable.

I'm not making much other than meals lately! I seem to be in my chef mode creating food - probably due to it being far too hot to go outside - and although the oven does heat things up a bit, at least the air conditioning is working, cool drinks are chilling, and fresh veggies are everywhere.

Hugs - Mary

Jeanie said...

Marilyn, these came together so well! Bravo! Ship Ahoy!

I'm working on my plastering -- a new post with holiday boxes is just up!

Ginger said...

You should make boats with your grandson. My boys love making paper boats. We used the directions in "Curious George Rides a Bike".

Steph said...

I love these!

Tracy said...

These are VERY sweet...such pretty embellishments! LOVE that feather! Creativity sure makes the heart sing, that is for sure! This summer I've been playing with fabric & fiber, which is usual, and finishing up some projects. But I've been playing with some paints, and how to share more at my place on that soon. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Angela McRae said...

Now these are absolutely darling! I wouldn't have thought of combining the words/pages of text with lace and feathers, but it works beautifully. Bravo! (And no, I have been working and not playing at all this summer … and I feel it in my soul! Making some adjustments to get back to a saner schedule.)