Friday, July 21, 2017

Renewal and Shared Tea

 Out of focus, but still I like it.

Recently three friends I worked with at Jantzen Swimwear
in the 1980's came for tea in the gardenhouse.
It was a special time of renewing friendship,
sipping tea, and nibbling on pineapple upside down cake,
berry compote, and madelines.
The tea we sipped was a lovely first flush Darjeeling
called Castleton Moonlight and a Rose Tulsi herbal.

The date had been set several months ago,
but when the time came the roof on my house was being
torn off and replaced.  All week I struggled,
should I cancel the tea time or suffer through the noise?
The gardenhouse is like a little cocoon, so I decided to continue on.
How happy I did.
Amazingly the guys on my roof worked on the front of the house,
so our tea time in the back of the yard had peace, friendship,
sipping, and nibbles.

Friendship over the years is so special.
Getting to share that friendship with 3 creative, strong women
was the very best.

 Linking with Bernideen at http://blog.bernideens.com/


4 comments:

Margie said...

What a great idea to host your tea in the garden house. It looks so cozy!

Jeanie said...

You are so lucky to have this pretty garden house to use as an entertaining space. It looks just beautiful -- and I'm glad the noise from the workers wasn't too distracting!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a nice tea time with your friends, Marilyn. All the desserts look scrumptious, and I've never had the teas that you mentioned here. I just usually have English Breakfast or Green tea. Getting together with friends is always nice. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

~Sheri

Tracy said...

Oooo...Castleton Moonlight...that sound like a place I'd like to go to. ;) What a pretty tea and lovely time to catch up with old friends. LOVE your garden house! :) Thanks for letting share in the fun ((HUGS))