Monday, September 18, 2017

Walk with Me - Washington Park International Rose Test Garden

 Last week my "live-in gardener" said he needed to get out of the house.
We wanted to see the roses one more time before they were gone.
So off the Washington Park's International Rose Test Gardens we went.



 The sky was blue with scattered white clouds.
A perfect day to walk in the gardens.




  This rose was my favorite of the day.


 My "live-in gardener" did quite well I must say,
for only having had knee replacement the week before.
Rain has now come to the gardens today,
but we will always have our pictures and memories of
a walk in the rose garden.
Are you walking, dear friends?

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

Now that's a fun field trip. And I see Resident Gardener out using his new knee. Bravo!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a beautiful rose garden. And the red roses made my heart sing. : ) Thanks for the gentle reminder to keep walking.

~Sheri

Angela McRae said...

I just got in from my evening walk. (Just a mile and some change, but I look forward to it daily.) Those roses look spectacular, and I'm happy to hear your live-in gardener is recuperating so well.