Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A bit of tea, here and there

 This morning as I sat on my back steps savoring nature in the early
morning with a cup of tea in hand I was reminiscing about a
 past trip to visit Taiwan tea farms.
In my cup was the end of the tea I had brought home,
a 27 year old Buddha Hand Oolong.
Then my mind turned to the past week with tea.
 There was a tea party at a retirement center near Portland
where I was the guest speaker.
Not my usual thing to do and I had never talked to
a group in a retirement center.
 Not sure I did very well, but I told myself if nothing
else "it was good for me". 
It looks like I was singing here, but nope I was just talking
about tea and the history of tea in England.
 
 And then as I shared yesterday another picture from tea by the river.
This past weekend was time by this river and a few moments of
solitude with a cup of tea.
Probably my favorite time with tea.
 Then yesterday a small group of women friends met out in nature
for a potluck, friendship, and a sip of tea.
The view and the day were spectacular.

 The flowers were blooming and though you can't see it, as the clouds
parted we saw three volcanic mountains in the distance.
If I count sipping tea on my back steps there were
four very different experiences with tea.
Each one touched my soul and delighted my heart.
Eventhough I love sipping many different teas and
in many different cups, 
It is the experience of the tea that most enchants and delights me.

Linking to Bernideen at http://blog.bernideens.com/

11 comments:

wisps of words said...

Beautiful photos all, as usual. :-)

Pretty outfit you wore, to give your talk...

La Tea Dah said...

I wish I could have heard your presentation! It looks like you prepared well for it. And the river scene photo --- is enchanting!

Linda P said...

I'm sure the listeners appreciated your talk. What a delight to experience each of those times in different settings enjoying tea!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

How lovely, as tea time was truly meant to be.

I feel more relaxed and serene just looking at your wonderful post.

: - )

Jeanie said...

You have a very rich and beautiful life and that is truly wonderful. I'll bet you were a terrific speaker!

Lorrie said...

You would be a great speaker on the subject of tea - love the idea of tea experiences differing throughout life and time.

Bernideen said...

I think that is lovely that you shared about tea at a retirement care center. Your photos are always so lovely! Thanks for sharing.

Margie said...

I'm sure that the retirees enjoyed your presentation. Gotta love the spectrum of tea experiences!

Rosemary said...

Such a variety of tea times! Such fun! And I'm sure did very well with your program at the retirement center.

Louca por porcelana said...

Great time...Beautiful landscapes!

Angela McRae said...

Isn't there some quote about how tea can represent both solitude and being in the company of others? At any rate, this post illustrated that concept perfectly! And I'll bet the folks at the retirement center greatly enjoyed hearing you sing ... I mean, speak! ;)