Thursday, June 21, 2018

Bonsai Museum

Do you like little bonsai trees?
My "live-in gardener" does!
He has been taking classes for a few years
and gradually our garden house is becoming full of little trees.
He had been wanting to visit the Weyerhauser Bonsai Museum
for awhile; so on the road trip we recently took we stopped by there
on the last day of our adventure. It is just south of Seattle.
Some of the little trees were in bloom.
Some were trained to hang in new ways.
Some just stood up straight and well I was going to say
tall, but tall for a bonsai I guess.
The exhibit was done quite nicely outdoors.
Oh I had to include this just for fun.
It was a full blown tree that I could stand under.
It was so full of blooms it took my breathe away.
Well those little trees were fun to see, but this delighted me.
OK, back to the little trees.
I loved the way they were displayed.

Oh the patience and attention to detail one little tree can take.
This group had about 50 little trees gathered together,
wondering if they were having a party.
Some the trees had little friends sitting nearby.
All in all it was a fun exhibit to see.
My "live-in gardener" loved it immensely.
I think what fascinated me was in amongst the forest of big trees
there was this beautifully curated museum of little trees.
Now I didn't hug any tree, but I do love both big trees and small ones too.

6 comments:

wisps of words said...

What an interesting hobby! And one, for a lifetime, also. It must take a long time, to nurture and shape a little tree....

So glad he had the opportunity to visit there...

Happy Midsummer’s Eve...!!!

Linda P said...

My late son-in-law grew bonsai trees. I'm glad you went to see the display of such exquisite specimens and out in the open air - even better.

wisps of words said...

Stopping back to say, I noticed that we both follow Corey (in France). I have net-known her for a long time. You may have also. I come and go, in her blog...

But was happy to have found that Chelsea was married (legal) and to be married (church). So happy to have found this out. :-) And to have been reading, when the legal marriage happened.

Mary said...

Beautiful little trees and so much work involved. There's a group here in town and I always love to see their
magnificent work at the State Fair in October. Even our former postman was really into bonsai - I was so surprised when he shared that with us.

J's are beautiful.

Jeanie said...

What a nice exhibit. I'm thinking that's a great hobby for the Live In Gardener. It looks as though it's much harder to prune those little guys than it looks~!

Rosemary said...

Bonsai trees are simply amazing. There is a lot of work and skill in keeping them shapely!