Friday, June 29, 2018

Happy Cream Tea Day

 Today in England and in my house
I am celebrating Cream Tea Day!
 You say, "what is cream tea"? 
Do you know?
 It is a scone or two or three
and
a nice cup of tea.
That's it!
But oh so good!
Did you think it meant it was cream in your tea?
Nope! Just a scone and a cup of tea for me.

So let's lift a cup and celebrate!
And sip away and nibble too.
In my cup is Harney & Sons Rooibos Chai.
I don't often drink herbal teas, but I must say this one is very good.
Thanks, Harney & Sons!

The scones were made by my own hands!
The plate and cup/saucer is Haviland Violets and Daisies.
And the lady holding the flowers, recently found
at the antique mall.

Happy Weekend, dear friends!
Now go out and have a cream tea time.

4 comments:

wisps of words said...

I would dearly love to do so.

But since I am Gluten Intolerant, I couldn't eat those delicious scones. :-((((

Would have to try to make my own G/F scones. But we are beginning a heat wave, so I'd not be baking today.

So it looks as if, you will have to have another, for me. :-))))

Jeanie said...

I will have to have a cream tea when we go to England. And I'll think of you!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Now that I’m retired, I think I shall take a little tea break at 3 o’clock each day. It’s such a lovely tradition.

Rosemary said...

Love the simplicity of a cream tea!