Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Creepy Feelings!

Recently I shared this picture.
I was sharing with Jeanie at The Marmalade Gypsy the background
and she recommended sharing it.
Now I don't often share negative feelings or things,
but it is good to be attentive to them at times.

On my way home from the beach a couple weeks ago
I decided to take a road less traveled to snap some pictures.
I was traveling alone, but pulled off at a small parking area
along the road. There were people in the distance, but no one nearby.
I set up my pictures and snapped away.
This was my last picture and I began loading up my props.
Yes, sometimes I set up tea pictures with props.
As I finished taking this picture another car pulled up next to my car.
It had two guys in the car with a skull painted on the hood.
I had that creepy feeling.
It's not one I have had often, but I have learned to pay attention.
I moved quickly, put my things in the car, and got in the car.
Once I got in the car, they left.
Now it may have been my imagination
and maybe I wasn't in harms way;
but I pay attention when a creepy feeling grabs hold.

One other time this happened when my daughter was in high school.
I had taken she and a friend to a place that happened to be rather
isolated. Same thing, two guys pulled up and I quickly ushered the girls
to the car.  It wasn't until many years later that my daughter said she
had the same feeling when that happened.

These stories I am sharing because I have found
the importance of "noticing what you notice", 
pay attention to how you feel in a situation
and act moving to safety.
May we as women travel always in safety
and pay attention to our gut feelings.

6 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, something similar happened to me, Marilyn, when a jeep was tailing me in traffic, so I pulled to the side and let him go, and I just had a strange feeling. You're right about being aware of our surroundings and paying attention to our gut feelings. I couldn't agree with you more. I'm going to e-mail you with a story.

~Sheri

Linda d said...

I believe we have intuition for a reason and if we have not been taught to question it, it serves us well. Never doubt your inner voice.

Linda P said...

Very good advice Marilyn. We were taught when children about 'stranger danger' and being careful when walking on our own or even with a friend. It's even more important today to take care when out-and-about especially in more isolated places. Thankfully my husband drives me and if I go for a walk he sits nearby. I walk in places where there are other people, but it's still important to be careful and trust that inner voice that says something is not quite right about a situation in which one might be in danger.

Jeanie said...

I'm glad you decided to share this, Marilyn. It's a good reminder to all of us that we must keep aware of our surroundings and who else is in them. I'm glad you thought quickly and acted immediately.

Tracy said...

Those are VERY creepy moments, Marilyn... And that creepy feeling must be paid attention to, I think! It's always a good idea to notice what/who is around us... And, while maybe not exactly in same category, but still safety-related--sometimes even weather changes can surprise us, if we're out alone somewhere. It's always better to exercise caution, and take necessary action to keep safe. Glad you shared your experience, Marilyn ((BIG HUGS))

Rosemary said...

Oh, Marilyn. That was creepy just reading it. Best to pay attention to such feelings. Glad you are safe.