Friday, August 17, 2018

Garden Delights

 The best gift to date for my grandson, D, has been a camera.
He loves looking through the lens and taking pictures.
So off we went a few days ago to explore a garden we hadn't seen before.
Well isn't that what you do with a camera in hand?
 My "live-in gardener" came along to educate the small photographer.
They found bees, sunflowers, and oh so much more.
In the distance I can still spot those pink shorts off on 
picture taking adventure.
The guardian scarecrow close at hand.

This particular day was hot and humid,
but what an amazing sky!
The rain did come for a little while
and then back to normal,
snapping pictures and savoring the day. 

Teach a child while they are young
and all kinds of adventures will be revealed.
I love being part of forming who he is and will become.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I look forward to the day I can give Carson a camera. Not a phone that has a camera but a camera. He seems a little interested in mine right now but we need a few years. Or at least a better understanding of language before we go whole hog!

I received a lovely package from you when I returned home from the lake. A note is forthcoming but all arrived safely and brought big smiles!

Red Rose Alley said...

These are sweet pictures of your grandson in the garden. It's wonderful that he wants to start taking pictures. That scarecrow has me thinking of Fall. I look forward to its arrival.

Have a pleasant week, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Rosemary said...

You are such a big part of who that little boy is as evidenced by his joy of having a camera and seeing the world through the lens. And his love for taking tea, and planting gardens and watching things grow, and... and..