Thursday, August 2, 2018

Early Morning by the Sea

 The sea revives my soul.
It delights my heart.
The past weekend I alone went to the sea.
For two early mornings I walked right here.
 Alone with my thoughts and my camera my heart sang.
 Then as the sun came up I stepped through water
and felt the JOY of time by the sea.
 The little cabin (built in the 1940's) welcomed me.
 I was snug sitting right here at the edge of the sea.
 There was reading to be done.
In fact, I finished my book, The Seed Woman.
 I sipped my tea.
 Later in the day many had escaped the hot city for time by the sea.
But for me, the real treasure was those early morning 
walks alone by the sea. 
They washed me, They soothed me, and I sang a hearts Song.
For one day just down the road I spent time in a special writer's retreat
with friends. A very special time alone and also with friends.
And my heart took flight!

5 comments:

wisps of words said...

Like "Gift From The Sea"!

How marvelous!

fiona said...

There is something about the Sea that soothes and cleanses the Soul.
Lovely post x

Linda d said...

Your pictures make me take a breath and dream a little

Jeanie said...

I love your getaway spot. What a beautiful setting so near the sea. And the cabin is adorable. Just the right size. Isn't it nice -- having not being Plugged In forced and to just be able to read or walk or "be" nonstop for awhile? It looks like a bit of heaven,

Annie Jeffries said...

I can always rely on you and Jone to keep me supplied in beach side pictures. 🌹