Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Darjeeling Teas, My Favorites!

 Tea in the gardens is something I cherish.
In my canister is Lochan Tea,
Doke Silver Needle, Second Flush 2018, Bihar, Hand Made Organic White Tea.  The dry leaf was just beautiful. There was something quite soft in appearance and fragrance. Most often white teas don’t intrigue me, but just from the appearance I wanted it to be good. The taste and fragrance of the steeped tea was like springtime with the softness of flowers in the cup. 
The fountain was a refreshing place to sit and sip in the early morning.
Though I mentioned the white tea, among my favorites is Darjeeling teas.
Lochan Tea was so generous in sending me samples that I wanted to review them all right here for you. You can find them at https://www.lochantea.com


Darjeeling teas are at the top of my list along with a good Oolong or Yunnan Gold/Dian Hongs, so it was fun to have the opportunity to taste so many different Darjeelings. I primarily buy my Darjeeling from Thunderbolt Tea, but there are more than several in the following list that I would purchase from Lochan Tea.

 Goomtee Classic Muscatel, Second Flush 2018, Darjeeling Exclusive – I enjoyed Assam fine, but I do enjoy returning to a good Darjeeling.  Love the fruity/musty throat taste and just the fragrance of Darjeeling. I can just imagine the scents of these hillsides and walking into a tea shop to taste the delights of this part of India. It delights my soul.
      Giddapahar Imperial Muscatel, Second Flush 2018, Darjeeling Exclusive. Tasting in the back of my throat is a fruitiness that I so often notice in a nice Darjeeling tea. I think that is what I love about each of them, as I am a fruit lover. Delicious!
    Arya FTGFOP 1 CH Delight, Second Flush 2018, Darjeeling Organic, 
by now the memories of Darjeeling are running together in my mind.
 I do love that they are a lighter blackness than the Assam. 
Some even seem a bit like an oolong.

 Glenburn FTGFOP 1 CH, Second Flush 2018, Darjeeling. 
It’s interesting that I love this company and Glenburn estate, but Glenburn Darjeeling’s never quite live up to my expectations.   
They are good, but not extraordinary.
  Sourenee FTGFOP 1 CH Musk, Second Flush 2018, Darjeeling Organic.  Sitting down this morning this tea was just the right one to savor. A straight forward Darjeeling tea, not floral, but just a nice simple black tea.
      Kanchaan View FTGFOP 1 CH, Second Flush 2018, Darjeeling.  
 It is a nice black tea, but doesn’t really have the sweet Darjeeling flavor I love. More of a simple black tea.
    Jungpana Vintage Muscatel, Second Flush 2018, Darjeeling Exclusive.  
 Ahh, now here is what I love in a good Darjeeling.
I have enjoyed teas from Jungpana before and this one doesn’t disappoint. Love the fruity after taste, full of wonderful flavor. This one I would order more of.
 Upper Fagu FTGFOP 1 CL, Second Flush 2018, Darjeeling.  
 This one I enjoyed. It had a slight fruity taste, but not as
much as Jungpana Vintage Muscatel.

 Rohini Imperial Enigma, Second Flus 2018, Darjeeling Exclusive.  
 This tea has the Darjeeling flavor I do enjoy and I would buy it again.  
A lovely back mouth feel and flavor.
  Oaks SFTGFOP 1 CH, Second Flush 2018, Darjeeling Organic.  
 This tea also has the Darjeeling flavor I love.
A bit of sweet fruitiness in the back throut. I would buy this one too.
   Niroulla’s Smoked Wonder, Second Flush 2018, Darjeeling Exclusive.  I didn’t particularly taste smoke, but found it a nice black tea for breakfast. I would order this one.  It wasn’t quite the lightness of the Darjeeling’s I tend to drink, maybe a combination of that and the Dian Hong’s I like. It didn’t have as much of the fruity after taste, but still good.

Thanks, Lochan Tea, for some really good teas to taste.
I enjoyed the tasting!

 

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Oooo...what a lovely sounding teas! And how lovely is that canister too! Can you tell us more about that... is is one of those brew-to-go thermal cups? Fun photos, Marilyn! ((HUGS))

Jeanie said...

What a refreshing spot to share your tea. That's a really cool tea thermos (?). Pretty! Does it hold both warm and cool?