Thursday, November 29, 2018

Christmas - Leavenworth, WA. and HOPE

When traveling do you find Christmas at another time of the year.
The first part of June while traveling through Leavenworth, Washington
I found this Christmas shop.
I saved these pictures to share with you now.
I loved the big snowflakes on this tree.
And who can resist Santa peaking out at me.
The natural beauty was everywhere.
Then looking up he took off, through the sky he flew with gifts for me and you.
Christmas in June was fun, but Christmas at the end of November is pure delight.

Like Strands of Shining Tinsel

Like strands of shining tinsel,
Hope will ever weave
Through the sorrow, who remembers
Candles Christmas Eve.

His tongue will not grow bitter
Who learns in youth the glory
Of the old sweet Christmas carols
And the manger story.

Nor love and faith quite vanish
For one with memories
Of dreams come true on laden,
Star-tipped Christmas trees.

So fill the house with fragrance
Of cedar boughs, with laughter-
There are gifts a child heart
Will keep forever after.
~Kitchen Sonnets by Ethel Romig Fuller

This coming Sunday is the first day of advent.
I will be the host at church and usually when I host
I share something to think on.
This week I am thinking of hope
and how sometimes in the darkness
one small candle is lite with a glimmer of hope
that grows as we light each others candles.
May we be bless this Christmas season with HOPE.

Have a terrific weekend, dear friends.  

7 comments:

Jeanie said...

Love that peeking Santa and wonderful poem. That spot is a treasure -- I would have had a field day photographing things there and I can tell you did!

Best wishes with your church event this weekend.

Lorrie said...

We were in that very shop in late October. A fun place to browse. I cannot imagine living without hope. That's a lovely poem.

Adrienne said...

We love Leavenworth! We are going there for a few days next week and I will be heading to that shop right away.
~Adrienne~

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful poem, life without HOPE must be quite sad. The shop was a feast for the eyes so much to look at and admire.

Tracy said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Marilyn! One small candle is such a mighty thing, isn't it?! I just love Advent, the symbolism of each candle being lit, week after week, our hearts growing closer to Jesus as we wait for Him. Wishing you a BLESSED Advent, my friend :))) ((HUGS))

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Such a wonderful time of year! These are lovely shop photos, and a sweet poem. I love the last line.

Angela McRae said...

Love that tree, and I'm so glad I read this post on the first Sunday of Advent. Thank you for sharing it!