Monday, November 12, 2018

Monday's Tea Quote

 (The tea ceremony) is just another way of celebrating
another act of living.
The water must be boiled so that it goes through
the appropriate stages.
The tea must be tasted and tested before it is selected for steeping.
When the tea is plucked,
where the water is chosen,
who is invited to share the tea
are of enormous importance.
~Francis Ross Carpenter

Yesterday was tea ceremony day for me.
It is always a delight to see each friend gather together
and share their tea and creativity in serving.
I thought the top picture was so perfect for this season.
The center one carried out shapes and colors so beautifully.
I decided to go with glass in the bottom picture
with a few flowers from my garden.

The ceremony of tea always delights my soul.

7 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

I really like this quote today, Marilyn. It reminds me of my friend Anne, who sometimes serves tea and a goody at her house while we pray and talk, and talk some more. : )

Your tea serving is charming with the purple flowers from your garden. So nice that you had a tea ceremony with friends yesterday.

~Sheri

Louca por porcelana said...

Such beauty...Great time with friends!Hugs!

Lorrie said...

I loved all the tea settings, but the fabric background/tray mat of the middle one really caught my eye.

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful! All the tea settings were a delight but my eyes were drawn to the Autumn leaves such a joy to celebrate the season.

Tracy said...

LOVELY tea ceremony place settings!! That cloth/mat with the leaf is STUNNING!! I love observing all the different elements in each picture...each a little vignette, with its own story. I love your arrangement, Marilyn The all glass--so better to see the tea! :) ((HUGS))

Jeanie said...

I love the overhead angle of these photos -- all the place settings are so lovely and each so beautifully done. I saw some all glass teapots in England and loved them!

Linda P said...

The bird-s eye view is a clever way of showing the place settings for the tea ceremony day. Each one is unique, beautiful and must have special meaning for the owner including yours. I'm sure you had a lovely day.