Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Let the Season Begin

 Each year I anticipate the kick off of the holiday season 
with a visit to the Christmas antique show at Monticello Antique Mall.
It never disappoints me.
I go with camera in hand just to share with you,
but also to make my heart happy.
 Really you can't help but be happy with twinkly lights and sparkles everywhere.

 I don't go to shop, but just to fill my heart with sparkles
and they never disappoint.
 It is so fun to see the vendors creativity.

 For you creative type maybe you will see an idea here.
I rather liked the old clock transformed.
 How many things can you cram into a cup and still look joyful?
 Even a silver teapot has been transformed into a festive scene.

 Just a basket or bowl of old ornaments makes me smile.
 Then to top the visit and the holiday spirit there are beautiful red stemware.
Isn't it festive with the plaid table cloth?
So let's lift our cup or pretty glass and toast the beginning of celebrations
both bolsterous or quiet, full of good cheer or a sip of tea,
and surround ourselves with dear ones to hug and hold close.

Let the Season Begin!

6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful, what a joy to visit the mall and see so much festive cheer. Inspirational.

Jeanie said...

I can see why seeing it in person and photographing it makes you happy. Just looking at the photos makes me happy! Some beautiful things here -- and a few good ideas I may just have to "borrow" for the season! Thanks for the inspiration, Marilyn!

Thelma said...

Everything is so beautiful. My favourite is the old clock transformation. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

Oooo... SHINY... SPARKLY... LOVE-it-all!! lol... So many beautiful things, beautiful decorating/display ideas. This is such FUN, Marilyn! Life had tough moments, a year had tough moments... some sparkle before we turn the calendar to a new year is a nice thing! :) ((HUGS))

Red Rose Alley said...

This place is so festive and charming. I loved browsing through the pictures and seeing all the treasures and getting ideas. I like that decorated silver tea pot. And those dangling ornaments are so pretty. Love the silver and white sparkly section too. There's just something about a bowl of vintage ornaments. Yes, the season begins!

~Sheri

Bernideen said...

Such darling items!!! I would not be able to resist that first house!