Monday, November 26, 2018

Monday's Tea Quote

As we begin the holiday season this quote rather struck me.

If  you have one teapot 
And can brew your tea in it
That will do quite well.
How much does he lack himself
Who must have a lot of things?
~Sen Rikyu

I know I have many more than one teapot or teacup.
The aesthetics of a beautiful teapot or teacup
enchants me. 
But in the scheme of things,
really it is only one we need to enjoy
in peace and quiet a good cup of tea.
Then add one more teacup to share 
with you.
Happy Holiday season,
take time for a good cup of quietness and tea.

7 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful teacup!Beautiful post,thanks for sharing.Hugs!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a lovely tea cup, Marilyn. It looks like Christmas. Is that red transferware? I agree, we only need one tea pot and tea cup to enjoy the goodness of tea. The tea cup on my post today is one of my favorites, and I actually use that one quite often.

Have a very good week, Marilyn. We are almost into December, oh my.

~Sheri

*your picture looks perfect for the Christmas season. : )

mamasmercantile said...

The photo today conjures up some lovely images of Christmas past. It would be so nice to share a pot of tea with you.

Tracy said...

LOVELY image... and lovely quote and sentiments. As long was we have one of all we need... that's really all we need, isn't it? Good to consider... and especially on the doorstep of a season where need, abundance, etc. can be blurry. LOVE that redware cupe & sauce... is that Spode? Happy Week, my friend :) ((HUGS))

Joy said...

That quote is a good reminder, and I love your pretty teacup!

Jeanie said...

Perfect thought for this time of year especially -- and really, all year through. Of course we can collect what we love, but as long as we have what we need, that's what counts.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Marilyn, lovely teacup. Like you, I have no shortage of teapots and teacups, but I love that quote, one I've never seen before.