Friday, February 20, 2009

Flowers in the Midst of Chaos

Here is a picture of my kitchen this week. I love my 1950's kitchen, but dear husband hates linoleum. He has hated it in every kitchen we have ever had; so he decided to put oak hardwood flooring in our kitchen this week. What a mess! There is no access to the kitchen, no stove, no microwave, and no refrigerator. We do have an extra refrigerator in the garage. Yesterday I decided I needed a break; so off to the nursery I went for a touch of springtime.
Now I feel better. I am inspired to plant some flowers and enjoy.
All the seed packets are so tempting. I came home with some primroses, forget-me-knots, and packets of seeds.

Did you enjoy this little escape into springtime with me? Springtime makes my heart sing with joy! Now if I could only have my kitchen back.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I long so for Spring, and your pictures give me hope that it just may get here some day!! Thanks for sharing what's to come, I need flowers!

Unknown said...

Yes, I did enjoy this detour! Very pretty! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished flooring in your kitchen. It will be worth the mess, I just know it!

Hugs, KJ

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers.

Good luck with your kitchen work.

La Tea Dah said...

Oh Marilyn, I am grinning from ear to ear! Misery loves company! You will love your kitchen when all redone, but the waiting inbetween can be very LONG!!!! My heart goes out to you.

You were wise to go on a search for spring! I love the nursery visit and especially that picture of you in the Victorian gazing ball. Great photos!

Happy kitchen-survival to you!

Love
LaTeaDah

Anonymous said...

Marilyn: Your kitchen will be so lovely down the line....you said you lilies were already coming up when you left a comment on my blog - lovely!

Anonymous said...

Aw! I'm sorry your tea is off limits! I hope your kitchen is done soon! Also? Thank you SO much! What a lovely and thoughtful gesture. :-)