Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Teapots

Very rarely do I go window shopping, but last week I had the opportunity to do just that at Anthropology. What a fun place to window shop. There was everything from beautiful tucked and embroidered blouses to glass knobs for your kitchen cabinets. I found several tea themed items too, including these decoupage teapots. They actually were usable, with fabric applied to the outside of the teapot. How fun is that? Now we could just go wild with creating an original teapot, couldn't we? It certainly gets the wheels in my mind thinking. Have any of you decorated a teapot? What did you do?

4 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

I LOVE Anthropology. Funny, but when I saw the photo, it was the first place I thought of. Then I started to read your post.

I've never decorated a teapot. So many things I would like to do when my time is entirely my own. Something else to add to my list.

Laurie said...

I love these tea pots! I've never decorated one before, I wonder what they coated it with to make it washable!

Marilyn Miller said...

It was only hand washable. It felt like decopague.

Anonymous said...

Gosh I am SO SAD about Anthropologie. I don't shop there anymore because the owner of the company was a big contributor to Rick Santorum's campaign. I wouldn't call myself a huge activist on GLBT issues, but I definitely vote with my dollars along those lines and if you contribute to anti-gay causes and politicians then I don't spend money in your store.

Oh woe, Anthropologie. Can't we all get along in love and harmony? I love their housewares so much, adore them, the fun retro vibe and so affordably priced, unlike their equally awesome yet so much more spensive sweaters! Even if I wasn't buying, I always loved window shopping in their housewares dept. It reminded me of the ultimate cool jumble shop, but all new of course.

I used to sell teapots I'd painted with underglazes. Tons of fun!