Thursday, February 26, 2009

French Macaroons & Tea


Morning tea today was a lovely Yunnan black tea, given to me by a tea friend, accompanied by two French Macaroons. The flavors were Cassis for the purple one and Fleur de Sel for the speckled one. These are two of my favorite things and bring great joy.
***
Henri Mariage, founder of Mariage Freres, a wonderful french tea business, said:
The fragrance of adventure and poetry endlessly pervades each cup of tea.
*
This morning my tea adventure was to France. Can you picture yourself sitting along a sidewalk cafe sipping tea, eating a french macaroon, and reading poetry or better yet sharing with a special friend?

8 comments:

Megan @ Lovely Happenings said...

I would love to be in Paris with a cup of tea, Macaroons, and a dear friend. Sounds perfect.

Now the real question is...where did you get French Macaroons in Portland? I must know! ha.

Turner Publishing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Turner Publishing said...

Hi Marilyn,
I apologize for leaving this in the comments section, but didn't see an email address to use to get in touch. Firstly, I promise I'm not spam. I'm a marketing associate with Turner Publishing, and we've recently released a book titled Historic Photos of Portland that I'm hoping you might want to check out in exchange for a possible review on your blog. The book is in a 10x10 coffee table format and presents a pictorial narrative of Portland using black & white photos culled from various archives, some of which have never been seen before. If you're interested, send me your address and I'll have one shipped out to you right away. If you have any questions, you can visit our website or shoot me an email.

Thanks so much,
Corinne
ckalasky@turnerpublishing.com

Steph said...

Hello! I love macaroons! How was the fleur de sel? I'm very curious!

Anonymous said...

Oh ,in AUG. 2008 I was in Paris sipping tea and eating macaroons-heavenly!!!
Where oh where did your macaroons come from??

Anonymous said...

What a lovely cup!

Annie Jeffries said...

Those macaroons look divine. Another stop on my list. And yes, please put me in the center of the last sentence of your post.

MLE said...

Megan - you can get good French macarons at Pix Patisserie in Portland, OR. http://www.pixpatisserie.com/collections/macaron

I'm still searching, however, for a local source for Marco Polo tea. I can get tins up in Seattle, but I'd prefer buying it in bulk like I do at one shop in Berkeley's Gourmet Ghetto.