Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dry it Outside


http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/browse/Home/Orton-POV/Right-To-Dry/D/80000/P/1:300:3040:300230

There is a movement afoot, though quiet in it's stance.
More people are beginning to hang their laundry out to dry.
I am trying, though not always successful at getting it done.
It reminds me of times long ago when I use to
help my mother hang the laundry out to dry.
The sheets smelled oh so fresh and some of
my clothes were stiff like boards.
Planet Green gives tips for softening the stiff laundry from the line.
I have found, as they mention, putting it in the dryer just for a minute or two at the end of the drying time helps.
The Vermont Country Store was featured on Sunday Morning television show recently.
You can watch the segment on Right to Dry, which I have bookmarked above.
There is also a fun poem on this link, called The Clothesline.
It is a good clean movement.
One we should all consider, even if it is only occasionally done.
Your sheets will thank you for that fresh, clean smell and less wear and tear.
I can almost hear that snap as we shake the laundry out to dry.
Plus we save the cost of running the dryer and help the environment too.
OK, you are saying, but I don't have time or I don't have a line.
Check out the sights above for suggestions and enjoy line dried laundry.