Friday, July 17, 2009

My Birthday Book

No, it's not my birthday.
When I did celebrate my big 60th birthday; I planned,
made the food, invited the women in my life, shared
how special they were to me, and gave them
this gift of a small book with quotes and
words that meant something to me.
The charm tied to the outside of the book had the
words that I had chosen for that year.


I am not a scrapbook person, but I tried to decorate each page.
It was so fun to share something that I enjoy with
my friends in this little book.
***
Here are a few of the quotes:

You were intended not only to work,
but to rest, laugh, play, and have
proper leisure and enjoyment.
~Grenville Kleiser

If you listen real carefully when the breeze blows,
you can hear God whispering.
~The Family Circus (comics)

The teapot is on; the cups are waiting;
favorite chairs anticipating; no matter
what I have to do; my friend there's
always time for you.
~Anonymous