Monday, November 15, 2010

Gifts from the Garden


Gifts from the garden, each one of these.

The hollyhocks grew into beautiful, tall blooms of delight.
A gift from a blogging friend two years ago.
They remind me of her and her struggle with cancer.

The Provence pumpkins are a gift we gave ourselves as
we traveled through France.  I see the pumpkins now sitting
on my porch and I remember travels in that beautiful country.

This miniature geranium with it's soft fuzzy leaves is beginning
to grow on the counter in my kitchen window.
It reminds me of a dear friend and our delightful time
together last summer, sharing tea on her patio.

Do you collect gifts from the garden?
Do you share your garden with others?

I have many hollyhock seeds to share.
Let me know if you would like some and I will tuck them in an envelop just for you.
I probably cannot send them outside of the US.