Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Gift

 
A few mornings ago I was reading the morning newspaper, I stopped to look at the obituaries.
Do you read the obituaries sometimes?
I didn't know the woman that morning, but was drawn to read about her.
What struck me was the gift of her last words to her daughters.

"Remember to listen to the trees, talk to the flowers, 
and dance in the rain
and continue running your own race!"

These words just touched my heart.
Yes, we must remember this.
For this will bring us JOY!
It doesn't cost us a penny,
but worth a million dollars.

10 comments:

Balisha said...

The words touched my heart too. I couldn't have said it any better. She must have been a lovely woman.
Balisha

Steph said...

Thank you for sharing this inspiring piece!

Jeanie said...

I read the obits every day. Now and then I see one that really touches me. This is a perfect lesson to leave behind.

Laurie said...

What beautiful words to leave her daughters with. I hope her daughters take those words to heart. Thank-you for sharing this Marilyn, I'm going to write them down.

koralee said...

Thank you for trying the teas my friend......so happy you enjoyed them all. I like listening to trees..I think they are very wise indeed. xoxox

Tracy said...

Thank you for sharing those words today, Marilyn... This has lifted a tough week! :o) ((HUGS)) P.S. Thank you for the sweet comment at my place yesterday!

Joy said...

Lovely words, good advice!

Linda P said...

Such good advice, Marilyn. I hope you're having a day full of blessings.

Angela McRae said...

What great words to have in an obituary!

Annie Jeffries said...

I used to read the obits all the time. Then my parents died. I rarely read the obits now.