Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tasting Tea

 
As I finish my small morning pot of tea this morning I am reminded of a recent visit
to the New Century Tea Gallery in Seattle's Chinatown.
It has become tradition for our small group from Portland to stop here
on our way to the NW Tea Festival the first weekend each October.
There is a beautiful table where we sit and sip tea, tasting this years tea delights.
How lovely to sit at this table with a group that loves tea.
It feels like for awhile we are sitting in Asia somewhere tucked away in
a secret corner of a teashop.  A wonderful escape for tea with friends.

Now I must share I did buy one very special tea, which I am thoroughly enjoying.
It is Special Grade Dian Hong from Yunnan Provence in China.
It is similar to Yunnan Gold, which is usually my go to tea first thing in the morning.
A yummy black tea that leaves a smooth almost chocolaty taste in the back of the throat.
What a joy to have a tea such as this to start my day
and to make my day more special.

11 comments:

Steph said...

Such a wonderful day! I'm very grateful for these trips.

La Tea Dah said...

What a lovely tradition! You are fortunate to have such a wonderful group of tea friends who live near enough that you can share such moments. I love your photos --- very inviting.

I recently participated in a virtual tea tasting. It was really fun! The hostess sent us tea samples and instructions. At a set time, we logged into her Facebook wall and tasted our tea and reviewed each one. There were many questions, comments, and conversation among participants. I really enjoyed it!

Your new tea sounds heavenly!

Bernideen said...

At first I thought I was in San Fran - what a fun time!

relevanttealeaf said...

Love your Seattle photo collage, and happy you're enjoying your special tea from the Yunnan Provence in China. A day can't go wrong when it starts with a chocolaty taste!

Laurie said...

How special Marilyn. It must be so fun to have a group of friends to meet and share such a special common interest.
Your new tea sounds delicious, of course anything with a chocolaty taste is right up my ally!

Tracy said...

Thank you for sharing this memory & time with us, Marilyn... love the look of that little tea shop! And a wonderful photo collage. This morning I'm actually indulging in an hot chocolate. ;o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Unknown said...

Love this photo collage.

Angela McRae said...

Oh my, you have really whetted my appetite for some good Yunnan Gold tea!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous indeed.
Much love and many blessings.
I love your postings♥

Jeanne said...

Fabulous indeed.
Much love and many blessings.
I love your postings♥

Jeanie said...

This looks so lovely! What a wonderful way to spend time with friends!