Friday, August 26, 2016

Tea Time at the Coast










About once a year I find myself having tea at LaTeaDa in Tillamook, Oregon.
This week there was an adventure to the coast which included tea time.
Since I have shared the menu many times with you,
I am only sharing the three photos of the food which is always delicious.
I thought you might enjoy seeing the entrance,
glimpses of the gift shop, and a sneak peak into the kitchen.

The #1 question I get each time I visit, "Is it still for sale".
Yes, the tearoom is still on the market and looking for just the right person to buy it.
The #2 question I get is "Will they hand out the recipe for the sausage rolls".
Nope, but each time I get closer to figuring it out.
This time I saw it in the baking dish ready for the oven.
The rolls were sitting in the caramel sauce on the bottom,
so they must be baked in the caramel sauce and then turned out on
another dish to harden.

The only disappointment this time was that it took a full hour before
we were served and I assumed they must not had enough staff in the kitchen.

Other than that, it is always a delight to visit and have tea at LaTeaDa.
In my cup was a black peach tea, which went quite well with teatime at the coast.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

14 comments:

simply bev said...

The tea room looks charming, but an hour wait to be served? A bit much. From the looks of it though, a nice place to pass some time.

Linda Jennings said...

I love photos of your tea adventures, even if you've shown the tea room before. This time I can say "I've been there!"

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

I've seen so many of these charming little tearooms open and close over the years. It's a tough business! People are always telling me I should open one. Uh-uh. :-)

martea said...

I always look forward to your sharing of your tea times at LaTeaDah. they always have an artful and beautiful presentation and everything looks so fresh and tasty.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh I just adore these kinds of tea rooms - they're getting more and more rare these days- so sad.

Oh wouldn't you just love to own it? It's a lot of work, but wow what a neat living - what we love the very most! : - )

Have a blessed weekend!

Mary said...

They are hard to keep going in this country - well even in the UK these days unless in a really popular tourist location. The most amazing teatimes I can recall were at the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, and on Livingstone Island at the edge of Victoria Falls, Zambia!!!

This one looks lovely - hope they gave you something to sip during that looooooong wait!
Mary -

P.S. Perhaps an English tea in Kenya will be special - will let you know.

organicgardendreams said...

Hi Marilyn, tea rooms are so much fun to visit, aren't they? I haven't been to one in the US for ages, I only go when I am on vacation in England, but maybe I should search for them in San Diego where I live as well and see what I find.
Love that three tiered tray. It would be perfect to have one of these for serving English Afternoon Tea at home.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Warm regards,
Christina

Antiques And Teacups said...

Wonderful! Haven't been in years, so a lovely reminder of a wonderful tea room and hostess!
Ruth

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

It looks like a wonderful afternoon....such lovely little offerings and a pretty setting, too! I hope you found a new treasure in the gift shop! xx Karen

Joy said...

Such a darling place - glad you could visit it (and I wish I could!).

Bernideen said...

Back in the old old days an hour was to be expected. Of course, they were going out to catch the chicken and gather the eggs! The food sure looked lovely. I think they makes up for it. So glad you shared these lovely photos.

Margie said...

What a charming tearoom! I fantasize about owning my own tearoom, but the reality is that I'd rather be the one visiting the different tearooms (plus my culinary skills leave much to be desired). HA!

Rosemary said...

Oh, I know I would enjoy sitting and spending time here with tea and friends!

Jeanie said...

Sounds fabulous and a wonderful investment for someone who might want to run a tea shop!