Monday, August 14, 2017

Walk with Me - Off to the Farm

This farm I have visited before.
It is a special adventure I do a couple times a year with my grandson.
How he loves visiting here.
He tried to catch one of the little turkeys in the back,
but without success.
While he played with his cousin,
I walked through the new apple orchard.
How fun to see the apples ripening in clusters on the branches.
The sun was bright that day, but still I walked.
In among the apples I found the farmer pulling the weeds.
While one worked, the other one sat in their spa to cool off.
Yep!  That is Felicity sitting in the water.
What a fine pair the are.
They keep the weeds under control right there in the apple grove.


While the farmer pigs do their work, the little boy, August, is off
selling his eggs.  At the moment of our visit and walk in the
apples, he was busy playing with my grandson.
Oh the pair of two 4 year olds together on the farm is pure delight.

So this was my walk last week.
A walk with two 4 year olds and two very industrious pigs.

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

This spot is so tranquil -- well, maybe not with two four year olds. But totally wonderful -- a real haven!

Red Rose Alley said...

And that's the best kind of walk there is, with your grandson. Farmers are such hard working people, I appreciate them so. What a delight to see apples in the orchard. There is a place I go to every Fall with apple pie, cider, caramel apples. What a wonderful walk, Marilyn. I just saw some turkeys at the trail, and they came as close as my car. : )

~Sheri

Rosemary said...

What a darling picture of those two little boys! What fun trying to catch turkeys!

Adrienne said...

What a walk you had! And accompanied by such delightful companions!
~Adrienne~