Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Best of British Tea Time

Saturday was one more birthday celebration over tea.
My sister and I share March birthdays, so we try to get
together sometime during the month over tea.
So off to the Best of British for our own personal celebration.
It was my first time to have the full afternoon tea
and I was not disappointed.
Pretty Thistledown cozies wrapped our teapots,
mine full of Harney's Darjeeling - yummm!
Everything was so fresh, I just loved each bite.
It is hard to say which is my favorite, but Coronation Chicken
was soooo good, then there was egg salad, cucumber,
and bites of other delicacies.
Wishing I could remember each bite.
Whatever was in that triangle was also delicious.
Oh yumm, I loved them all.
It was fun to see our food delivered on this pretty cart.
Isn't the dessert plate pretty with the ribbon woven through it?
Just the right amount of scone with real cream and strawberry jam.
Traditional British through and through.
The sweets were the perfect end of a special birthday celebration.
Macarons, lemon/blueberry tart, Victoria sponge cake,
cheesecake, cookie, and petite-four.  Deliciousness all around.
Definitely worth stopping for tea time and a celebration too.
Best of British
4810 SW Western Ave.
Beaverton, Oregon
reservations recommended, 503-367-4828
Website: bestofbritish.biz
Tell Sally and Elizabeth I sent you.

12 comments:

The Victorian Girl said...

A perfect way to celebrate your birthdays! Happy Birthday to you and your sis!

wisps of words said...

Heavenly...!!!!

wisps of words said...

Thank you so much, for your Happy Birthday wishes to me....

Zaa said...

Happy Belated Birthday ..We too have birthdays in March .. for to be exact... so by the time mine rolls around we’re partied out ( ha ha) .. but that’s OK because ..I’d love to go to a Tea house and enjoy the full treatment Ah-h-h-h relaxing!!! ... and everything looks so delicious. Thanks you for sharing this happy post...HAPPY EASTER..

Linda d said...

Now that looks like fun. Enjoy.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a delightful place, and those scones with cream and jam look scrumptious. : )

Happy Birthday to your dear sister, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

This looks unbelievably fabulous. No matter how good those scones were, though, I don't think they can possibly beat your cream scone recipe!

Louca por porcelana said...

What a gorgeous celebration!How delightful!

Margie said...

What a wonderful tea room! I can't think of a better way to celebrate a birthday!

Bernideen said...

Oh my Marilyn! The food sure looks delicious and what a lovely time ya'll had at the tea room! Happy Birthday again and I am sure you are already planning where to go next year.....thanks for sharing!

Bernideen said...

I see again Beaveron, Oregon and that rang a bell.....Mirsky was one of our sources "back in the day" for dried flowers! Oh boy......yes, they got some $ from us back then.

Rosemary said...

Such a perfect and memorable birthday celebration! How fun to be served via the tea trolley. Clever!