Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Travel

Did I say travel?
I bet you thought I hopped a plane, train, or even my car,
but no my travel these days is in my own backyard or neighborhood.
I am guessing many of you are traveling there too.
Now you might think I packed that large bag and took wings.
While walking in my neighborhood I have found two (secret) places
to take my tea and sip awhile.
I am so thankful for weather that is conducive to walking and sipping outdoors.
Normally the Kennedy School in my neighborhood would be full of people.
It is an old school that has been turned into a B&B, restaurants, and movie theater.
They just reopened, but a normally full parking lot only has about 8-10 cars in it;
so I knew no one would be around at the far end of the parking lots.
What I found is this little table and stool just sitting there in their veggie garden.
What a perfect place to sip tea. There was not a soul there, but me.

And some very tall sunflowers too.


“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Yes, I have tasted flights and I very much miss it.
But for now I am loving walking and finding secret places to take tea.
In my cup was Wild Lapsang from Wuyi Origins in China.
What a treat to fly away in my mind to China as I sat there sipping.

Another day I will sip in my other secret place and share.
Well maybe they aren't completely secret, but I like to imagine they are.
Do you love finding secrets places to enjoy the day?
Do you dream of flying away?
Where would you fly?

I am dreaming of going to France and the United Kingdom.
I know, I have been there before, but it just seems like where my heart is saying to go.
One day I do believe dreams can come true again. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special secret place you have discovered!
Susan

mamasmercantile said...

What a wonderful discovery. The perfect hideaway for tea.

Linda P said...

I don't feel adventurous at all at the moment although, obviously, we would love to get to Italy. Our granddaughter talks about driving us there travelling through France and Switzerland. We hope that one day that will happen as we've often done that in the past instead of flying. Flying isn't practical at the moment. You've found a lovely spot to sit and sip tea.

Jeanie said...

It's so lovely you can walk to this spot and take your tea, too. How very pretty -- and with the flowers. How nice to have a little spot where you can just go and pretend to be anywhere! (I want to be in the UK and France, too!) What a lovely post to begin my day with, Marilyn.

Shilpa said...

This is such a lovely blog and I am very happy looking at the pictures
Refreshing and gives hopes

Lorrie said...

What a perfect little getaway for tea and dreaming. France and the UK are what call out to me, too. I hope to return one day. But for now, contentment comes with travels close to home, or even just going out to the garden. Have a wonderful evening, Marilyn.

Mary said...

I feel the necessity to start looking for secret places like you dear friend. Picnicking in the garden is growing old now (of course I still love my garden and feel blessed to have it), but I need to get out other than to the grocery store!!!!

Travel dreams are of course only for a trip home to England to see family and friends. Doubtful it's going to happen this year by looks of the travel industry (airlines - ships - hotels etc.)
so will now have to plan for 2021 I feel. Hoping to make AZ for Thanksgiving with Bob' family there - fingers are crossed!