Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Nesting!


What does nesting mean to you?
During this time of the pandemic I have thought quite a lot about nesting.
I found two different nests in the gardenhouse, collected by my "live-in gardener".


Since I haven't been out to the stores I haven't shopped much,
except groceries.
Now I didn't ever think I spent much other than groceries
somehow I must have spent more than I realized
for now I seem to have a little extra to spend.
Maybe it was just the gas I was putting in my car
to do all that running around, I am not sure.


So, yes, I have been doing some nesting.
I love collecting flowers in the garden to place in little bottles on the mantle.
Finally hung some flower pictures too.


Being home more I have taken the time to look around my house
and do a bit of nesting with this "little extra to spend" money.
In my nesting I washed all the curtains in the house and
realized some needed to be replaced.
My rug in the living room was fraying around the edges.
Now a new rug rests in my living room.
New shades in the bedroom were needed.
Plus pictures needed to be hung, something I had put off.


And in all this looking around, I decided I needed a studio
that was wholly mine to leave things out and messy
or to make a sanctuary for my inner-peace.


I love having access to the garden, the view always enchants me.
A place Joey likes to be now that I am there.
And a place to have easy access to my photography and art supplies is a total delight.


In the kitchen where you see the little table was once my computer
sitting place. It was quite cluttered!
Now we have the sweet little table sitting there.
It was stored in our basement, as I thought I would sell it.


So there has been some nesting going on
and I am loving my sanctuary!
I am loving the new arrangements and little changes.
They are delighting my heart.

Are you finding yourself nesting a bit more than usual?
Are you making small or bigger changes?
Are they delighting your heart?

9 comments:

Laurie said...

You inspire me Marilyn. Your sanctuary is just that. What a beautiful, inviting home. I need to follow suit!

Himawan Sant said...

Your idea inspired me too. Usually I collect some decorations that I get from a vacation to a location. I chose several of the same themes and then I changed to different themes for display at home.

Have a good days, Marilyn.

mamasmercantile said...

You are blessed with a beautiful home. Yes, indeed I have been 'nesting' adding and changing things around to make our lives comfortable. Our little cottage has become a home...

Rosemary said...

You have been busy! Loved taking a tour with you and seeing all the tweaks you have added, but it looks like your studio has been claimed by Joey.

Shilpa said...

Very lovely home . That white screens are extremely beautiful and the room looks in peace . I loved this place

Jeanie said...

Nesting is a great word. And I love what you have done. The studio is delightful -- A room of one's own, as Virginia Woolf would say. We all need one. It's so pretty, Marilyn. And I love that little table you rescued from the basement. I'd think twice about letting it go now!

I have been indulgent during this time. My nest is a mess. For all the money I've saved during lockdown -- no gas, theatre, massage, hair color/cut, random shopping -- I've don'e precious little on the house. That may change -- I think I need a new hot water heater.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Marilyn, I love your nest--and the word 'nesting'--and have made a start at a bit of nesting myself. I started by moving all the appliances except toaster and electric tea kettle from the kitchen countertop. Seeing all that empty counter space gives me a peaceful feeling. Next up is doing a bit of rearranging in my home office/studio. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mary said...

Your changes and additions to your already beautiful home are just lovely Marilyn. I can see Joey is certainly comfy!
The painting/photo of the while lily is so lovely by the the fireplace and I love the individual blooms in vases on the mantel.
Enjoy your time in the new 'studio' - we all need a "room of one's own".

Red Rose Alley said...

I loved seeing bits of your home, Marilyn. Your bedroom is charming, and I like the white iron headboard. The white sitting chair is nice too. I've been wanting to get a chair like that to read and sip on tea or coffee. It's always nice to decorate and sometimes when we change things around, it's a whole new look. I have been nesting also. : )

~Sheri