Monday, July 6, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

Freedom
from wikipedia: Freedom, generally, is having the ability to act or change without constraint.
Something is "free" if it can change easily and is not constrained in its present state.

In my church on Sunday we were asked "what does freedom mean to you?"
I said for me it means "I can safely walk outside my door, down my street,
and live my life not feeling threatened in any way."
For many this is not happening and they live in fear.

For me an eagle is a symbol of freedom.
Our country was built on this freedom.
May we soon be free to fly again,
to walk out our door and feel safe.

6 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What church do you attend that was able to hold services here in Portland? I love this post!

mamasmercantile said...

Sadly our churches are still not open we are having online services. Hopefully not much longer, I do miss the fellowship.

Jeanie said...

Your definition is perfect. Mine, too.

Angela McRae said...

Lovely and thought-provoking, Marilyn!

Mary said...

I do remember FREEDOM - but I'm wondering where it's gone!
Many people are struggling now, mostly those who have to work, and don't know what the future holds. I suppose we elderly retirees are some of the most fortunate currently - however we still feel the loss of FREEDOM and what it truly means.

I would love to be a bird and perhaps would choose to be a tiny Carolina wren or a chickadee. . . . . . both small, light and delicate, but strong and sturdy in the way they live their lives in freedom, singing as they go!

Red Rose Alley said...

A very special word, indeed.

~Sheri