Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Flowers and Tea

 If you have visited me long enough you might notice when I have teatime
there is 99% chance there are flowers too.
In the basket above you might say there is no tea in the picture,
but it still represents teatime for me.
You see that is a tea pickers basket for drying the tea.
I brought home 3 of the smaller ones from Taiwan several years ago.
I love using them to collect flowers in the garden,
especially when the flowers will be in a bouquet for teatime.
Watch for it! These flowers do go in a teatime bouquet.
 Seasonal bouquets are the best, right out of my garden.
 Even this very simple bouquet of calla lilies is laying in my tea basket.
 Yes, this was a springtime tea in the garden house.
 A summer bouquet in a teacup.
 And here it is, my teatime this week with the flowers in the first picture.
All of the flowers are from my garden.
This week I was celebrating a new teacup.
I am particularly drawn to green and white right now,
so when I saw this vintage Coleport teacup, made in England,
I couldn't resist.
The simple white teapot is one of my favorite morning ritual teapots.
It is a gift from a friend and I love it.

Flower and tea, what could be a better combination.
Two things that make my heart sing.

6 comments:

Sandi said...

Beautiful! 💙

mamasmercantile said...

They made my heart sing visiting. A joy to see the little bouquets fresh from the garden.

Jeanie said...

Your garden is bringing us glorious photos. And I love the photos with your tea sets. So very beautiful, Marilyn.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your new green tea cup is so pretty, Marilyn, and the flowers add a special touch on your tea table. I especially loved the blue hydrangeas. What a pretty color. It's so nice that you take time out in the day to have a cup of tea, and treating yourself to flowers at the store or in your garden is a very special thing to do. Where did you find your new tea cup?

~Sheri

Vagabonde said...

Your flower arrangements are lovely. I also like your new tea cup. Like you I can’t resist china tea cups from England. The problem now is that I have over 20 and I need to give some away. A friend just sent me two tins of the teas released by the Republic of Tea Company inspired by the Downton Abbey characters – they would taste delicious in your new cup.

Jeanie said...

Well, first of all, your table is just fabulous. All those gorgeous flowers and you arrange them so well, and then the beautiful cups and tea service. I love your cup. And I learned something new -- the tea baskets!