Monday, July 20, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

Whimsy
    from Wiktionary:

    whimsy (usually uncountable, plural whimsies) A quaint and fanciful idea; a whim; playfully odd behaviour. An impulsive, illogical or capricious character.

    If you have followed along on my blog for a long time

    you might have figured out I like whimsy.

    I like to imagine fairies dancing in my garden,

    bunnies sipping tea,

    or flowers smiling up at me.

    Playfulness just makes me happy

    and after all right now we need a bit of whimsy in our lives.

    So for today let's play a bit, let our imaginations run wild,

    sing to our hearts content, and dance our hearts out.

    Happy Monday, dear friends!

    The picture is from my garden, a door to welcome the fairies.


6 comments:

Lorrie said...

One of my favourite words! A little (or a lot) of whimsy is good for the soul!

Mary said...

Whimsical things bring a lot of smiles and good feelings!
I have a few fairies and angels hanging around the garden, along with ornamental birds, chickens, bunnies, even a cat, etc. All are showing their age but bring happiness even with chips, fading, and a few broken wings!

Dance away say I - I'll try to join you when it cools off, haha! Meanwhile, long distance hugs dear Marilyn.

Jeanie said...

I do love your whimsy. It is enchanting!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a cute door to welcome the fairies in your garden, Marilyn. Whimsy is a fun word, and I've always loved whimsical items in my house and even a few whimsical decorations at Christmastime. This is such a sweet post today, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Tracy said...

Whimsy...just the word alone, can't help but SMILE big! It's like a reflex! :))) LOVE, love, love that teeny, tiny fairy door--oh, that makes my heart sing! I want to open that door! ((LOVE & HUGS))

Rosemary said...

Your fairy door is indeed whimsical! It looks so inviting!