Friday, April 17, 2020

Apple Blossoms, My Heart Sings!

On Monday I talked about taking an adventure.
That evening my "live-in gardener" and I took a drive to Sauvie Island
for a view of the apple blossoms.
We figured no one would be around and they weren't.
It was just before sunset.
We took some tea and cranberry bread and had a little picnic under the blossoms.
Even with the varieties of apples there is a variety of blossoms.
This is an old orchard with heirloom apples.
The trees are not marked, but I am guessing this is a crab apple.
It doesn't have the pink tint to the blossom of a regular apple.
Now here is the pink tint on another tree full of blossoms.
This is what sings to my heart.
These old trees full of lichens and moss with crooked branches
just make me smile.
I wonder if they know they are much loved?
The sun was low in the sky and we couldn't stay long,
but it did my heart good to see them.
One last glimpse of that gorgeous blush on the blossoms yet to open
and we were on our way.

What is singing to your heart this week?
Are you noticing what you notice in the small things?

Happy weekend, dear friends!
Does one day melt into another?
Yep! It is Friday all day today!
Enjoy!



6 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love this, Marilyn. My heart is heavy this week. I live in a stupid state. Well, a state with a smart governor but really stupid people who make us all look bad.

Mary said...

I'm so happy you and J were able to visit the orchard, and it was exceptionally beautiful at that time of day. I love seeing your picnics always Marilyn, you know just how to do it right.
We have rain today, at least for the morning, then several days with more rain and storms. Perhaps later next week I can do a picnic somewhere not too far off - it would be a nice change from eating at home that's for sure!

Apple blossoms are so pretty and those old trees just gorgeous.
I worked in the garden again this week - busy time of year of course. Bob mowed and the lawn does look lush and green. Everywhere is green now - all those shades blended together, so stunning, makes one thankful for so much.
Stay well -
Mary x

mamasmercantile said...

I am thrilled you were able to go and share then share those beautiful photos with us. What a delight to sit and enjoy the beauty. Take care.

Lorrie said...

What a wonderful tea party under the apple blossoms. So romantic. I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy this beautiful season.

shayndel said...

Beautiful apple blossoms and adventure!!
I don't think I ever saw apple blossoms!!
My heart sings from cherry blossoms and now the new spring green!!

Have a beautiful and blossom-ing day!!♡

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, you got to see the apple orchard! What a wonderful getaway. I love those old twisted trees too. The stories they could tell. The blossoms are all different, how pretty. The cranberry bread and tea is a perfect treat to enjoy under the apple trees. Did you make the cranberry bread? That quilt is so charming too. What a lovely lovely post this is, Marilyn.

~Sheri