Friday, April 10, 2020

Easter is for Teatime and Flowers


Welcome to Good Friday and Easter weekend!
I am sure, like myself, this weekend will have a new feel to it.
 The three of us in my household will remain at home and we will miss our regular family gathering.
 I did manage to get a basket delivered to my grandson and we will try to do skype
sometime during the day.
My pictures are remembrances from past tea times for Easter.
I hope you enjoy.
In the picture above you will see my tea dyed eggs.
I loved the natural feel of them.
I loved doing the Easter teas until there were so many dietary requirements
it became easier to do a regular meal.
 That is a vintage French flower pot stand found years ago at an antique shop.
I loved placing it right in the middle of the table.
Now it resides in the gardenhouse.
It was fun one year to take a chicken feeding trough and place grass and
chicks for the centerpiece.
Do you see the little plastic brown animals around the table?
I got the animals at the dollar store and spray painted them a chocolate color,
then tied a place card to each animal.
One thing I love so much at this time of year is the spring flowers.
It is so fun to decorate with them and even sometimes place in the food.
This particular Easter there was a row of daffodils down the middle of the table.
Vintage dishes and tablecloth come out too.
The tea cozy was found in the Cotswolds a few years ago.
Yes, there were sweets with each tea time and more flowers too.
This particular year there were individual little bouquets from the garden in egg cups.
Oh I see the little chocolate farm animals made another appearance.
The chicken feeding trough made another appearance too.
This time it was decorated with moss, spring flowers, eggs, and a chocolate bunny.
My small collection of vintage salt dishes also made an appearance.
This was the year we turned away from little sandwiches and had
a lamb dinner.
Still there was tea and Easter sweets for those that wanted to partake.
What is your family tradition for Easter?
What will  you do different this year?
However you celebrate springtime and Easter
may it be a blessed day.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

4 comments:

Mary said...

So many lovely things to see on your table over the years Marilyn. Yes, different this year - know you will really miss sharing Easter sweets with D - but lovely you sent him a basket. Love those tea-stained eggs, and did you embroider the tea cozy?

Have a lovely Easter - like you we'll be home alone but will stay busy as we always seem to have things to do.
The pollen is so thick now - that will mean a lot of cleaning in the coming weeks whilst we're still locked-down!
Sending love to you and J for a blessed Easter.
Mary & Bob

Lorrie said...

You have set some really lovely tables, Marilyn. We will miss getting together with family this year, but I delivered Easter baskets to our local grands, and some baking for the families. We are all going to get together on ZOOM tomorrow night and I arranged a virtual egg hunt with photos from my garden. The Vancouver family will be on ZOOM, too, and we will content ourselves with that for now.

Have a good Easter. It will be one to remember.

Jeanie said...

Your Easter tables are so beautiful and so festive -- I love each and every one. I so wish I had flowers for Easter this year. Today is the day my friend Jan and I were to go to Southern Exposure. We'll miss that -- and shopping for flowers on the day before Easter, too. Our only difference this year (besides no flowers and no ham) will be no toddlers. But it will be fine in the end.

I hope your day is absolutely beautiful in every single way.

Tracy said...

Soooo, soooo BEAUTIFUL, Marilyn! Hope you had a lovely Easter in spite of the unusual times this year! :) ((LOVE & HUGS))