Monday, April 6, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

Dance
In Wikipedia is says:  
"Dance is human movement created and expressed for an aesthetic purpose."

For me it is, a expression of JOY!
 
Fairies dance in the garden with daffodils
It is a joyful dance of springtime.
A way of nature saying "wake up" "celebrate the return of light"
Both pictures have been shared before, but for me they say dance.
Daffodils are like ballerinas dancing in the garden. 

Growing up I was told that dance was not a good thing; so I was not allowed to dance.
Dance was in my soul and I craved it.
I craved the movement of JOY, the full out laughter of it all.
As an adult I have tried to embrace dance with JOY.
It can come in the way we sway to the music, stroll through our garden,
and let the bubbles burst forth from our mouths in laughter.
So let's dance all our days in whatever way brings you JOY.

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Gorgeous yellow!

Jeanie said...

It's very hard to hear music and not want to dance, especially happy music. Those daffodils are making my soul dance! They're so pretty. I have mini ones out; another week or two or so for the big ones. I'm trying to remember that April showers bring May flowers!

mamasmercantile said...

Just looking at the picture of those beautiful daffodils makes me want to dance right alongside you. Stay safe.

Red Rose Alley said...

Daffodils are like ballerinas dancing in the garden.....I like that, Marilyn. And Dance is a wonderful word for the day. My mom used to dance in her kitchen to Barry White songs. She loved his upbeat music, and I can just see her dancing to them. Keep dancing, Marilyn. It does a body good. : )

~Sheri