Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Garden Dreams


Have you been dreaming of a garden yet?
When February arrives I start dreaming of a garden.
Seed catalogs are ordered.
I browse the seed racks at the market.
And a primrose or two come home with me.
I just love these tall primrose in the French clay pots.
So far four packages of seeds have also ended up in the market bag
and are waiting for warmer days.

What are you dreaming of planting?

My list is getting longer and longer.
Always there are sunflowers, but I have also
added Forget-Me-Nots, Black Eyed Susans (Rudbeckia),
Nasturtium (because they are eatable and so pretty in salads), and Cosmos.
I won seeds a year ago for ruffley pink Hollyhocks and
they are coming up.

Always Roses.

And vegetables will be peppers, squash, plenty of tomatos, maybe
one zucchini plant, hot peppers, garlic, onions, and probably cucumbers.
If you saw our little vegetable garden you would think this is way too much.
Oh, I almost forgot pumpkins. I love watching them grow.

Am I getting ready? Yes, in my dreams I am ready.