Friday, February 19, 2010

Haiku for Tea Lovers


Yesterday I found a small book at the book store called,
Haiku for Tea Lovers by David Ash.

From time to time I will share some of the words with you.
Haiku is a light verse shared in 17 syllables or less.

Here are two verses from the book:

encouragement in
the first sip of the morning:
you can get through this

Keemun or Kenyan,
Lapsang Souchong or Oolong,
we think it's all good.

So what is in your cup today?
In my cup this morning is Rishi Tea Emerald Lily,
a green tea from Yunnan, China.
Normally I don't drink green teas, but this one has
very nice light flavor, very crisp.

The vintage canister set was given to me a couple years ago
by my daughter. I think they fit very well into a tea
lovers yellow, vintage kitchen. There great for holding
things like cookies. Yes, Girl Scout cookies were delivered
this week. Have you gotten your cookies yet?
What can I say, those are my first daffodils from the
garden. I had to pick them and share with you.

Have a delightful weekend full of great JOY
and many cups of tea and (oh yes) cookies and flowers.
Sunshine in abundance!